Natural Resources Canada
Charging the Future ChallengeBack to all challenges
Five finalist teams were selected from a group of 39 project proposals received in October 2019. Each team received up to $700k to develop their technology prototype in preparation for the $1 million Grand Prize announcement in Spring 2022.
On February 24th, NRCan hosted a virtual finalist showcasing and panelist event for the Charging the Future and Power Forward Challenges. The five Charging the Future finalists were able to show off their impressive developments achieved through the duration of the Challenge to potential stakeholders and investors. The panelist discussion, focused on accelerating clean electrification in Canada, was hosted by Bruce Lourie (President, Ivey Foundation) and featured panelists Neetika Sathe (VP GRE&T Centre, Alectra), Susan Rohac (VP Clean Tech Practice, BDC), Giles Counsell (Managing Consultant, Siemens Canada) and Sandra Odendahl (VP and Global Head of Sustainability, Scotiabank). You can watch the panel discussion here (available in English only).
Who can apply?
- For-profit and not-for-profit organizations such as companies, industry associations and research centres
- Canadian post-secondary institutions
- Indigenous organizations and groups
- October 28, 2019: deadline to submit applications
- Spring 2020: Top five finalists announced
- October 2021: Prototype submission deadline
- February 24, 2022: Showcase and Panelist Event
- March 30, 2022: Final Grand Prize Winner Announced