Natural Resources Canada
Crush-It! ChallengeBack to all challenges
The results are in!
Crushin’ the Cleantech Competition
Your challenge is to develop a new clean technology solution that transforms how energy is used for crushing and grinding rocks in the mining industry.
Develop the next generation of mining
Fight climate change
Develop innovative technologies to reduce energy consumption and pollution in mining
Increase competitiveness in the mining sector and develop world-leading clean technologies
Transform the mining cycle
Revolutionize the mining cycle and unlock the future of mining
Who can apply?
- For-profit and not-for-profit organizations such as companies, industry associations and research centres
- Indigenous organizations and groups
- Canadian post-secondary institutions
- Independent small-scale innovators and individuals
- $10,000 for each small-scale innovator selected as one of the up to twelve (12) Challenge semi-finalists to help them pitch their ideas to the Challenge Jury
- Up to $800,000 each for up to 6 finalists to build and test their cleantech solutions.
- $5 million grant to the innovator who can demonstrate the best energy breakthrough in crushing and grinding rocks
- January 15, 2019: deadline to submit applications
- March 2019: pitch proposal at #DisruptMining event
- May 2019: top 6 announced
- May 31, 2021: final submission deadline for Challenge finalists
- Summer 2021: final grand prize winner announced