Crushin’ the Cleantech Competition
Your challenge is to develop a new clean technology solution that transforms how energy is used for crushing and grinding rocks in the mining industry.
Develop the next generation of mining
Fight climate change
Develop innovative technologies to reduce energy consumption and pollution in mining
Increase competitiveness in the mining sector and develop world-leading clean technologies
Transform the mining cycle
Revolutionize the mining cycle and unlock the future of mining
Leave no stone unturned
Improving the crushing and grinding processes of mining will create a more sustainable mining sector.
Do you have a solution that…
- generates transformative energy savings at the mill?
- increases productivity while reducing the environmental impacts of crushing and grinding rock?
- can be scaled and applied to many operations?
- has no negative impact on downstream activities?
Are you a small-scale innovator?
Game-changing ideas can come from anywhere! If you are a small-scale innovator with a big idea, micro-grants will be available for successful proposals to help them develop and pitch to the Challenge Jury at the #DisruptMining event, which coincides with the Prospectors and Developers Association of Canada Convention in March 2019.Tell us about your rocking solution! Apply today!
Who can apply?
- For-profit and not-for-profit organizations such as companies, industry associations and research centres
- Indigenous organizations and groups
- Canadian post-secondary institutions
- Independent small-scale innovators and individuals
- January 15, 2019: deadline to submit applications
- March 2019: pitch proposal at #DisruptMining event
- May 2019: top 6 announced
- November 2020: final submission deadline for Challenge finalists
- March 2021: final grand prize winner announced
- $10,000 for each small-scale innovator selected as one of the up to twelve (12) Challenge semi-finalists to help them pitch their ideas to the Challenge Jury
- Up to $800,000 each for up to 6 finalists to build and test their cleantech solutions.
- $5 million grant to the innovator who can demonstrate the best energy breakthrough in crushing and grinding rocks