Canadian Space Agency
Deep Space Food ChallengeBack to all challenges
Connect with us
Email us with your questions
Send us your questions at: ASC.DefiAEL-DSFChallenge.CSA@canada.ca.
We will get back to you within five business days.
Join the conversation and get the latest updates on the Deep Space Food Challenge.
- Hashtag: #DeepSpaceFoodChallenge
- Twitter: @csa_asc
- LinkedIn: Canadian Space Agency
- YouTube: Canadian Space Agency
- Facebook: Canadian Space Agency
- Instagram: @canadianspaceagency
Register your interest and receive updates!
Register your interest to apply to the Challenge and subscribe to notifications of new challenge information as it becomes available. Registration of interest benefits include notification of newly released challenge documentation/references, challenge related events, invitations to participate in learning events or webinars and potential networking opportunities. Registration of interest is optional and can be done by completing the registration of interest form.
Who can apply?
- Businesses or other for-profit organizations in Canada;
- Not-for-profit organizations in Canada;
- Indigenous organizations and groups located in Canada;
- Post-secondary/academic institutions located in Canada; and
- Individuals or groups of individuals based in Canada.
Individuals or groups of individuals are encouraged to submit an application to the challenge, but in order to be eligible to receive prizes, they will be required to establish a Canadian legal entity (such as a corporation or a not-for-profit organization) capable of entering into binding agreements in Canada.
- Phase 1 – Design Report Deadline: July 30, 2021
- Up to 10 Semi-Finalists Announced: Fall 2021
- Phase 2 – Kitchen Demonstration Deadline: Summer 2022
- Up to 4 Finalists Announced: Fall 2022
- Phase 3 – Full System Demonstration Deadline: Late Fall 2023/Early Winter 2024
- Canadian Grand Prize Winner Announced: Spring 2024
- Up to 10 Prizes of CAD $30,000 open to all eligible innovators submitting a Phase 1 concept application.
- Up to 4 Prizes of CAD $100,000 open to all Semi-Finalists participating in Phase 2.
- Grand Prize of CAD $380,000 open to all Finalists participating in Phase 3.
Note: The number of winners and prize amounts may vary depending on the applications received. For each phase, prize amounts will not be less than the amount per winner indicated above.