Canadian Space Agency
Deep Space Healthcare ChallengeBack to all challenges
Use the hashtag #DeepSpaceHealthcareChallenge to join the conversation and get the latest updates on the Challenge. You can also email us at email@example.com and we will get back to you within five business days.
Who can apply?
- Businesses or other for-profit organizations incorporated in Canada;
- Not-for-profit organizations registered in Canada;
- Indigenous organizations and groups located in Canada;
- Post-secondary/academic institutions located in Canada; and
- Individuals or groups of individuals located in Canada.
Individuals or groups of individuals are encouraged to submit an application, but will be required to establish a Canadian legal entity in order to be eligible to receive prizes.
- Up to 20 prizes of $30,000 open to all eligible innovators submitting a Stage 1 concept application
- Up to 5 Prizes of $350,000 open to all Semi-Finalists participating in Stage 2
- Grand Prize of $500,000 open to all Finalists participating in Stage 3
Note: The number of winners and prize amounts may vary depending on the applications received. For each stage, prize amounts will not be less than the amount per winner indicated above.
- Stage 1 – Design Report Deadline: February 1, 2022
- Up to 20 Semi-Finalists Announced: April 2022
- Stage 2 – Proof-of-concept Deadline: January 2023
- Up to 5 Finalists Announced: April 2023
- Stage 3 – Prototype Demonstration Deadline: Fall 2023
- Grand Prize Winner Announced: Spring 2024