Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
Food Waste Reduction ChallengeBack to all challenges
Connect with Us
Email us with your questions
Send us your questions at: email@example.com. We will get back to you within two business days.
Telephone (in Canada): 1-877-246-4682
Telephone (outside Canada) : 1-204-926-9650
Join the conversation and get the latest updates on the Food Waste Reduction Challenge:
Sign up for updates!
Use the form below to sign up and receive updates on the Food Waste Reduction Challenge:
Challenge details: Streams A and B
Who can apply?
- Businesses and social enterprises of any size
- Not-for-profit and charitable organizations
- Indigenous organizations and groups
- Post-secondary/academic institutions
- Individuals or group of individuals
International applicants with a Canadian partner or an ability to register to do business in Canada are encouraged to apply.
- Stage 1 – Concept Application Deadline: January 18, 2021
- Up to 30 Semi-Finalists Announced: Late Winter/Early Spring 2021
- Stage 2 Ends – Up to 12 Finalists Announced: Late Winter/Early Spring 2022
- Stage 3 Ends - Grand Prize Winners Announced: Summer 2023
- Up to 30 Semi-Finalists will be selected in Stage 1 and will receive approximately $100,000
- Semi-Finalists will move into Stage 2 and compete for a chance to be a Finalist and receive approximately $400,000
- Up to 12 Finalists will compete in Stage 3 to win one of two Grand Prizes of up to $1,500,000
Note: The number of winners and prize amounts may vary depending on the applications received.