Natural Resources Canada
Oil Spill Response ChallengeBack to all challenges
Connect with Us
Email us with your questions
Send us your questions at: OilSpillChallenge-DefiDeDeversementDesHydrocarbures@NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca
We will get back to you within three business days.
We invite you to register on our Collaboration Community to access important information and updates on the Challenge implementation and to access resources, connect with experts and develop partnerships to bolster your application.
Who can apply
Eligible applicants to the Challenge include the following:
- For-profit and not-for-profit organizations such as companies, industry associations and research centres
- Indigenous organizations and groups located in Canada
- Post-secondary/academic institutions
- Individual or groups that are recognized legal entities
- International individuals and entities*
*Must have, or partner with, a legal entity in Canada.
- Ten semi-finalists will be selected to receive up to $300,000 each to support the development of their technology prototype
- Five finalists with the top solutions will be selected for up to an additional $1 million each to continue to scale and demonstrate their technology
- $2 million Grand Prize will be given to the team with the best demonstrated technology
- March 9, 2022: Applications Open
- June 1, 2022: Deadline to apply
- Summer 2022: Selection of ten semi-finalists