Smart Cities ChallengeBack to all challenges
Connect with us
The Smart Cities Challenge Team has been receiving some questions. Check out the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) which are updated regularly.
Applicants are encouraged to contact Infrastructure Canada early in the process of developing their applications to ask questions and ensure they are on the right track. When appropriate, questions asked and answers provided will be available on this website.
To learn more about how the Smart Cities Challenge advances the Investing in Canada Plan as well as about Infrastructure Canada and its other programs, visit the Infrastructure Canada site.
Who can apply?
- Municipalities, local or regional governments
- Indigenous communities
- Groups of organisations above
- Application deadline: April 24, 2018
- Announcement of finalists: Summer 2018
- Announcement of winners: Spring 2019
- One prize of up to $50 million
- Two prizes of up to $10 million each
- One prize of up to $5 million