Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
Housing Supply Challenge: Round 1Back to all challenges
As of January 20th, we are no longer accepting applications for Round 1. Submissions are currently being reviewed, and results will be communicated in the near future. Sign up below to stay up to date with the future rounds launching in 2021.
The Housing Supply Challenge (HSC) invites citizens, stakeholders, and experts from across Canada to propose innovative solutions to the barriers that limit the creation of new housing. $300 million in funding is available through the various rounds of the Challenge, resulting in new ideas and solutions that will help more people find an affordable place to call home.
The challenge objectives are to:
- Address barriers to housing supply and affordability
- Enhance community engagement
- Inspire others to scale or adapt ideas for “Canada-wide impact”
- Cultivate collaboration and partnerships
The Challenge will also provide a platform to share these innovative solutions, acting as a catalyst for others to take action.
Know someone whose input might be relevant to this challenge? Share this page with them.
Sign up for updates
Round 1: Data Driven
- Launch: October 23, 2020
- Initial Submissions: January 20, 2021
- Shortlisted Applicants: March 2021
- Stage 2 Final Submissions: September 29, 2021
- Funded Solutions Announced: October 2021
Who can apply?
- For-profit and not-for-profit organizations
- Indigenous organizations and groups
- Canadian post-secondary institutions
- Government (Provincial, territorial, municipal, local, and regional)
- Consulting firms
- Teams composed of a variety of participants
* All participants must be affiliated with a legally incorporated organization
- Stage 1: Incubation funding for prototyping - 25 shortlisted applicants will receive $100,000 each
- Stage 2: Implementation Funding - Selected solutions will share a pool of $22.5 million in funding